So I got an email just the other day (yesterday) saying that Blip is getting rid of my show, Hass’ Office because of…. well I don’t know…it’s still very confusing…
Per the TERMS OF SERVICE THIS IS WHAT I CAME UP WITH:
So in other words, I never got an answer for this… so I decided to ask why…
And I got a response from Blip…
You received notification that your account will be closed for one of three possible reasons:
1. Blip requires that all its videos be part of a high quality, episodic, original web series, and your content, unfortunately, does not meet our definition of this criteria
2. Your account contains “Prohibited Content”, as defined by our Terms of Service ( http://blip.tv/terms/ ):
“11. Prohibited Content: Videos that are not part of a high quality, original episodic web series can be removed at Blip’s sole discretion. Examples of content considered inconsistent with Blip’s definition of high quality, original episodic web series can include but are not limited to sermons, speeches, slide shows, webinars, screencasts, gameplay footage, tutorials, walkthroughs, meetings (corporate, community or government), personal (home movies, weddings, parties, vacations, etc.), music videos and content produced for other mediums (television, film, radio). Each episode must consist of original content created by the account holder.”
3. Your content promotes a commercial product or enterprise. As stated in our Terms of Service, we require that you agree NOT “use Blip to host videos which serve primarily to promote or support a business enterprise. This includes, but is not limited to commercials, testimonials, product demonstrations, product or service overviews, etc.”
You can read more about account removals here:
If you have an original episodic web series you would like Blip to consider hosting, please let us know about it here:
THIS DOESN’T SOLVE MY PROBLEM, BLIP!
How come Blip promotes the fuck out of reviewers/critics who sit around on a camera and bitch about things, but the second I show up and do what is arguably the same thing, but faster and looser – Is not tolerated?
Here are a few things they could say that will make me understand…
- Low Quality (Webcam vs HD Cam)
- Not Enough Viewers (Less than 1,000)
- The Content (You Bitched About Us in your Adblock Video)
- YOU MADE FUN OF INTERNET REVIEWERS YOU TROLL
- This show is better than anything we can come up with, and doesn’t deserve to be on this site.
Any of those reasons would suffice, but instead I got nothing…
Now I just gotta go through EVERY VIDEO here and link to this YouTube video…
We suggest you take the time now to download any videos you may have on your account, as they will be removed from the Blip network on November 7th, 2013. You can follow this link (http://blip.tv/dashboard/get_video_download_list) to download the highest quality version of each video on your account. We wish you the best in your future endeavors and hope you find a service provider better suited to your streaming needs.
Blip Producer Support
I think we need to focus on the part that actually matters here…
We wish you the best in your future endeavors and hope you find a service provider better suited to your streaming needs.
I just got Future Endeavored, and their way to fix it is “find a service provider better suited to your streaming needs.”
TO REPEAT BLIP…
Did I create something that “did not fit our definition of a high quality original web series”?
It’s one or the other, and I just wanted to know why…
But Blip doesn’t seem to want to tell me any of it…
I don’t know what to do about mixtapes….